Monday, August 15, 2011

Who am I?

Hello everyone, my name is Joanne Katrina. You can call me Joey. Why Joey? Mum got this crazy idea of calling her daughters with boy's name. She nicknamed me "Joey" while my little sister Aronne Tanya was called "Aron". Mum said Joey means a baby kangaroo, and since I run fast like a kangaroo, she said it suits me he he he.

Oh no I looked so funny hehe!
I was born on March 23, 2002. I am 9 years old. I am studying at Kuokuang Elementary School in Taichung City, Taiwan. I am supposed to be in Grade 4, but at the start of this school year, I will still be in Grade 3. You might ask why. You see, both Mum and Dad are studying in Taiwan for their graduate studies and they wished to bring me along. I was on my second grade in the Philippines when they snatched and brought me here to Taiwan with them. Since I don't know any Chinese, they decided to enroll me back to first grade here. At first I cried. I don't like being left behind by my classmates in the Philippines. But my parents know what's best for me. So far, my Chinese is good, far better than my Mum and Dad he he.
Me and my li'l sister

I love swimming, riding bicycle, playing badminton, dancing, singing, drawing, reading both English and Chinese story books, watching cartoons, and eating delicious food. I studied roller skating, tennis, playing harmonica and ballet dancing. I wish I would learn playing the piano. I think it's very cool. My Mum's friend Atena bought me a little piano to practice with. I also wish to learn taekwondo so I can beat my Dad he he he. Right now, I'm good at running. I always won first place at school. I'm also good with jumping ropes, we won second place last time.

I'm living with my Mum, Dad and my little sister Aron. Mum said, we will be happy as long as we are together. I love my family so much but I missed my grandparents, uncles and cousins back home.

Mum said I need to practice my English, and this blog will be my project. She helps me edit my spellings and grammars. Thank you for reading my blog. Tell me what you think about it.

Love,
Joey

Me having fun with mascots in Taiwan, August 2011.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go Joey, love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both have very cute names! You are a very intersting, and very smart young lady!
    I hope you keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete