Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Learning to ride a bicycle

You know, before coming to Taiwan, I still don't know how to ride a bicycle. It's because I don't have a bicycle or nobody taught me how to drive one. Well, I had a bicycle once when I was a toddler but it was a three-wheeled type. When I came to Taiwan, my Mom's friend gave me her daughter's small bicycle. Few weeks later, my Dad brought me and the bicycle to the second floor of our building to practice. He taught me how to balance and how to drive it. At first I was so scared to fall down. But my Dad told me not to be scared and to stay focused. He held me properly so I would not fall. We practiced everyday. But on the third day, my Dad let go of me suddenly. I still don't know how to turn the bike by myself, so I went straight crashing to the post. I got slightly wounded on my foot but it was not that painful. And on the fifth day of practicing, I finally learned how to ride the bicycle. I was 7 years old. Yehey! I celebrated my new found skill by riding my bicycle around the campus, together with my Mom and Dad. That was such a fun day. How about you, when did you learn to ride your bicycle?

That was me practicing in the campus, November 2009.

Driving around the university campus with my parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment