Friday, August 19, 2011

My Chinese name

My Chinese name is 范美麗 or read as Fan Mei Li. Fan is short for Franje. It was followed from my Mom's Chinese surname. Meili means beautiful and my Dad gave me this name. I don't really like my name because I think I'm not beautiful hehehe. My sister's Chinese name is 安亞 or read as Anya. I chose her name. I don't know what it means, but it sounds like her English name Tanya. My Mom's Chinese name is 范凱希 or read as Fan Kai Xi. Mom said Kaixi means something about victory, but actually she just took it from her nickname Kathy. Dad's Chinese name is  弗瑞杰 or read as Fu Rui Jie. The Taiwanese embassy gave him his name. Dad said it sounds like his surname Franje, in short nothing special hehe. If you want to come to Taiwan, you should have your own Chinese name. How about you? Do you want to have a Chinese name?

No comments:

Post a Comment